Hiroshi Kohsaka an associate professor at UEC Tokyo, and colleagues report that the speed of movement of fly larvae varies from species to species. Furthermore, they found that larvae in cold regions tend to move slowly, and those in warm regions move faster. These results suggest that environmental diversity has contributed to the evolution of the diverse movement patterns exhibited by animals.
- Joint demonstration experiment on visualizing carbon dioxide concentration inside Chofu City Hall with eight IoT sensors
- UEC signs general agreement with UN
- Industry-UCB-UEC-Keio Workshop 2019
- UEC signs general agreement with Hanoi Medical University
- Sakura Science Plan Visiting Students Pay a Courtesy Visit to Mr. Hagiuda Koichi, the Minister of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology (MEXT) during Their UEC Visit
- UEC holds The 1st ECTI - UEC Workshop and The 6th UEC Seminar in ASEAN, 2019
- UEC signs general agreement with National Taipei University
- 3rd International Union of Radio Science, Japan Radio Science Meeting 2019 (URSI) held at UEC Tokyo
- Irago Conference 2019 is held at UEC campus
- Report：The kickoff meeting and the 5th UEC Seminar in ASEAN, 2019 with partner universities in Hanoi
- Announcement of Irago Conference 2019 to be held at UEC on 29 October 2019
- The 50th Anniversary International Symposium for Space Science and Radio Engineering (SSRE) held at UEC, Tokyo
- Researchers from Sebelas Maret University give lectures on thermo-fluid engineering at UEC, Tokyo.
- Coherent Optical Science Seminar on Information Optics held at UEC, Tokyo
- UEC-ERATO Symposium on optical frequency combs and ultrashort pulse lasers
- The 33rd AWCC Seminar / IEEE Distinguished Microwave Lecture is held at UEC, Tokyo.
- Special lecture to launch the countdown to the 100th anniversary of the establishment of UEC on 8 December 2018
- UEC signs general agreement with VNU-UET, Vietnam
- Opening Ceremony of the UEC China Research and Education Center
- The Irago Conference 2017 held at UEC, Tokyo
- 2016 Tenure Track Research Reports Meeting
- Harbin Engineering University students and faculty participate in international academic exchange on 'Advanced Photonics and Laser Technology' at UEC, Tokyo.
- Space Science and Radio Engineering (SSRE) Symposium held at UEC, Tokyo
- Oscar H. Ibarra, an eminent academic from UC Santa Barbara, visits UEC, Tokyo
- Dorota Gryko from the Institute of Organic Chemistry Polish Academy of Sciences, gives a seminar at UEC, Tokyo.
- Special seminar on atmospheric physics by Dr Chiao-Yao She, Emeritus Professor of Colorado State University, USA.
- Masumi Taki edits special issue of Current Topics in Medicinal Chemistry
- UEC hosts Japanese Neural Network Society Workshop on "Data-driven approach for understanding cerebellar mechanisms on eye movement control"
- UEC launches the Info-Powered Energy System Research Center (iPERC)
- Delegates from Binghamton University, State University of New York, visit UEC
- MMR 2015, Tokyo
- Visit to UEC by International College, King Mongkut's Institute of Technology Ladkrabang (KMITL), Bangkok
- UEC holds first joint seminar in Vietnam
- Second Moscow Institute of Physics and Technology - University of Electro-Communications (MIPT-UEC) Joint Workshop on Optical Science
- The 2nd Global Alliance Lab between Tamkang University and University of Electro-Communications
- The 1st Global Alliance Lab between King Mongkut's Institute of Technology Ladkrabang, Thailand and the University of Electro-Communications
- UEC joins forces with universities in Fukushima and Iwate to study disasters
- Tokyo Wireless Technology Summit 2014
- A Small but Shining University : The University of Electro-Communications is selected for the Program for Promoting the Enhancement of Research Universities
- First International Moscow Institute of Physics and Technology--University of Electro-Communications Workshop (MIPT-UEC)
- Launch of the UEC ASEAN Research Center (UARC)