- Computer science: Post-quantum cryptography and security for Internet of Things
- Eco-friendly organic photovoltaics: Saving the planet with flexible electronics
- Advanced Wireless and Communication Research Center (AWCC), University of Electro-Communications, Tokyo.
- Innovative nanophotonics: Integrating quantum light sources with nanofibers for quantum internet applications
- Nanotechnology for real world applications: Self-organized indium arsenide quantum dots for solar cells
- Frontiers of optical science: Ultrashort pulses of light produced by Raman scattering from hydrogen for next generation laser optical communications